當我死去的時候 親愛
When I am dead, my dearest,
你別為我唱悲傷的歌
Sing no sad songs for me;
我墳上不必安插薔薇
Plant thou no roses at my head,
也無須濃蔭的柏樹
Nor shady cypress tree:
讓蓋著我的青青的草
Be the green grass above me
淋著雨也沾著露珠
With showers and dewdrops wet;
假如你願意請記著我
And if thou wilt, remember,
要是你甘心忘了我
And if thou wilt, forget.
在悠久的昏幕中遺忘
And dreaming through the twilight
陽光不升起也不消翳
That doth not rise nor set,
我也許 也許我還記得你
Haply I may remember,
我也許把你忘記
And haply may forget.
我再見不到地面的清蔭
I shall not see the shadows,
覺不到雨露的甜蜜
I shall not feel the rain;
我再聽不到夜鶯的歌喉
I shall not hear the nightingale
在黑夜裡傾吐悲啼
Sing on as if in pain:
在悠久的昏暮中迷惘
And dreaming through the twilight
陽光不升起也不消翳
That doth not rise nor set,
我也許 也許我還記得你
(Haply I may remember,
我也許把你忘記
And haply may forget.)