Translation of the song 无问 artist Mao Buyi

Chinese

无问

English translation

Without Asking

你问风为什么托着候鸟飞翔

You ask the wind why it supports migratory birds as they fly,

却又吹的让他慌张

yet it makes him confused

你问雨为什么滋养万物生长

You ask the rain why it nourishes growth of all living things,

却也湿透他的衣裳

yet it soaks his clothes

你问他为什么亲吻他的伤疤

You ask him why he kisses his scar,

却又不能带他回家

yet cannot bring him home

你问我为什么还是不敢放下

You ask me why I still don't dare to let go

明知听不到回答

when, clearly, you know you won't hear the answer

如果光已忘了要将前方照亮

If the light forgets to illuminate the path ahead of us,

你会握着我的手吗

will you hold onto my hand?

如果路会通往不知名的地方

If the road leads to unknown places,

你会跟我一起走吗

will you walk with me?

一生太短 一瞬好长

Life is too short, a moment is too long

我们哭着醒来 又哭着遗忘

We cry as we wake and cry as we forget

幸好啊 你的手曾落在我肩膀

Fortunately, your hand always falls on my shoulder

就像空中漂浮的

Just like a drifting,

渺小的 某颗尘土

microscopic speck of dust

它到底 为什么 为什么

Why, why is it

不肯停驻

unwilling to stop?

直到乌云散去 风雨落幕

Until the dark clouds clear and the storm blows over

他会带你找到 光的来处

He will take you to find where light comes from

就像手边落满了

Just like a certain dust-filled

灰尘的 某一本书

book by your hand,

它可曾 单薄地

It has always weakly

承载了 谁的酸楚

sustained the weight of whose sorrow?

尽管岁月无声 流向迟暮

Although the years were silent and has flowed past their prime,

他会让你想起 你的归途

he will remind you of your way home

如果光已忘了要将前方照亮

If the light forgets to illuminate the path ahead of us,

你会握着我的手吗

will you hold onto my hand?

如果路会通往不知名的地方

If the road leads to unknown places,

你会跟我一起走吗

will you walk with me?

0 111 0 Administrator

No comments!

Add comment