Translation of the song 蝴蝶夫人 artist Grace Chang

Chinese

蝴蝶夫人

English translation

Mrs. Butterfly

我為甚麼有情,

Why am I passionate,

我又為甚麼有意;

And why am I affectionate?

情和意都是害人東西,

Affection is such a bane

偏偏我就沒法逃避。

That I cannot avoid at all.

本來我是把假情假意換刺激,

At first I made fake affection, just to have fun.

又那裏知道假情意變了真情意,

Imperceptibly, it did become true.

教我從此難拋棄。

What a thing I couldn't throw away.

我只說千錯萬錯錯在我自己,

I can only say I'm the only one to blame.

不該把戀愛當兒戲,

I shouldn't have made fun with love.

既是當兒戲,

Now that it has become a trifling matter,

就該當到底。

I have to let it be till the end.

為甚麼我又中途失去了勇氣,

But why have I lost courage midway,

把自己投進了愛的漩渦裏,

Thrown myself into the vortex of love,

永遠爬不起。

Where no one may stand up again?

還是怪我自己,

Indeed, I'm to blame.

為甚麼我要有情又有意;

Why should I have been full of love?

明知道情義不是好東西,

I always know affection is such a bane

偏偏我就沒法逃避。

That I cannot avoid at all.

把事情弄到這樣一步田地,

It really happened like this.

就是要拋棄我也難拋棄,

It seems I'm riding a tiger and find it hard to get off.

我難道看着他,

Do I really have to see him

真的死在我手裏。

Die before my eyes?

No comments!

Add comment