Translation of the song 七老八十 artist Jody Chiang

Taiwanese Hokkien

七老八十

English translation

When we are getting older

若是有你陪伴 我心安一半

If you were here with me, I feel more easy.

咱的緣分天註定

Our destiny is meant to be.

嘸通大聲小聲 講話著要聽

Don't quarrel with me, just listen carefully.

疼某的人才會好命

It will be good if you cherish your other half.

不管柴米油鹽 或煮飯洗衫

Whatever daily essentials, cooking or laundry,

為著你我攏甘願

For you, I'm glad to do everything.

假使會凍對我 真心袂變卦

If you gave me your heart and never changed,

我一生決定跟你行

I decide to accompany you for my life.

有一天咱會越來越老

When we are getting older,

老甲 會越行越慢

we will gradually grow slow in action.

有一句話緊講乎你聽

I have to let your know something early,

你的耳朵驚會越來越重

and then probably you will be hard of hearing.

我會愛你的白頭鬃

I'm going to love your grey hair.

愛你愛到七老八十

Being with you, even if you were seventy or eighty.

燒酒是越陳越香

When the wine keeps longer, it tastes more stronger.

咱的感情嘛著愛同款

Our love will be same as the wine.

No comments!

Add comment