Translation of the song 梯田 artist Jay Chou

Chinese

梯田

English translation

Terraced Field

文山啊 等你寫完詞

Wenshan 1, by the time you’ve finished writing

我都出下一張專輯羅

I’ll have already released the album

沒關系 慢慢來

No worries, take your time

這首歌我自己來

I’ll do this song myself

說到中學時期

Going back to those middle school days

家鄉的一片片片梯田

My hometown’s patch, patch, patch of terraced field

是我看過最美的綠地

Is the most beautiful green I’ve ever seen

於是也因此讓我得了最佳攝影

And thus it let me win “Best Picture”

莫名其妙在畫面中的我

The me in the photo was baffled and

不會寫詞都像個詩人

Unable to write like a poet

坐著公車上學的我

The me who was riding the bus to school

看著窗外的牛啃草

And watching the cows eat grass from the window

是一种說不出的自由自在

Was inexplicably carefree and unrestrained

hoi ya e ya 那魯灣 na e na ya hei

hoi ya e ya that Luwan na e na ya hei

哦~我親愛的牛兒啊

Oh, my dear cows

hoi ya e ya 那魯灣 na e na ya hei

hoi ya e ya that Luwan na e na ya hei

哦~跑到哪兒去啦

Oh, where have you run off to?

面店旁的小水溝

The gutter opposite the shop

流著我們長大的夢

Gushing out our dreams of growing older

繞過天真 跳至收割期

As we dodged innocence and jumped into the harvest season

人們的汗水夾雜著滿足与歡笑

Our sweat mixing with satisfaction and laughter

是我現在最舍不得的畫面面

Is the photo, photo I’ve most regretted parting with

也是我另一項參展作品

And is another one of my works

靠著回憶 畫成油畫

The picture I relied on memories to make an oil painting of

拿到獎狀 有個啥用

What’s the point of having an award for that?

鼓勵你多去回憶是吧

I urge you to take yourself back

哼我真想撕掉 換回自然

Hmph, what I really want to do is to tear it up in exchange for nature

怎麽梯田不見

Why can’t I see the terraced fields?

多了幾家飯店

There are a lot more hotels

住在裡面看著西洋片

Living and watching Western films inside

幾隻水牛 卻變成畫

The water buffaloes have merely become pictures

掛在牆壁上

Hanging on the walls

像蒸人們蒸蒸日上

A symbol of the rich getting ever richer

一堆游客偶爾想看看窗外的觀光景點

Groups of foreigners want to look outside the windows at the scenery

但隻看到比你住的再高一層的飯店

But they can only see hotels with more storys than yours

hoi ya e ya 那魯灣 na e na ya hei

hoi ya e ya that Luwan na e na ya hei

哦~我親愛的牛兒啊

Oh, my dear cows

hoi ya e ya 那魯灣 na e na ya hei

hoi ya e ya that Luwan na e na ya hei

哦~跑到哪兒去啦

Oh, where have you run off to?

因地制宜 綜合利用

Taking advantage of the local conditions

利用對還是不對

Is that right or wrong?

自私的人類 狼不狼狽

Is humanity in a tight corner?

破壞自然的生態

Wrecking the natural wildlife

會不會很累

Is that hard work?

你說為了藝術

You say it’s because of the craft

要砍下一棵樹

That the trees are cut down

醬 對還是不對

Hmph, is this right or wrong?

你說為了裝飾

You say it’s for decoration

請問干我啥事

Ask me what my issue is

是不是隻能用相机紀錄自然

Can we only use video recordings?

拿相片給下一代給下一代回味

To give the next generation, the next generation a wake up call?

可怜可悲森林綠地都已成紀錄片

Pitiful, lamentable the green forest has already been made into a documentary

聞不到綠意盎然隻享受到烏煙瘴氣

That smell of green is gone You can only enjoy the heavy pollution

我不能教育你們

I can’t teach you guys

我不是你們老師

I’m not your teacher

我不是校長

I’m not your principal

也不能給你們一巴掌掌掌掌掌掌掌掌

Nor can I give you a slap, slap, slap, slap

長長長長長長篇大論

Speech, speech, speech, lengthy speech

你們并不想聼

You’ll absolutely refuse to listen

我知道但我沒辦法

I know this but I can help it

我就是要寫

I have to write

你們可能永遠不能体會

You guys may never realize

顯微鏡底下的我們

We, the ones under a microscope

會更現實更自私

Will become even more selfish

這种藝術 真的很難領悟

This kind of art is truly hard to comprehend

No comments!

Add comment