黄河奔向东方
Yellow River, you flow eastward
横越万里浩荡
Travelling by the myriad-mile vastness
多少优良文化
Numerous excellent cultures
发源在你身旁
Originated by your side
黄河奔向东方
Yellow River, you rush eastward
横越万里浩荡
Traversing the myriad-mile vastness
多少英雄故事
Plenty of heroic legends
发源在你身旁
Originated by your side
你如今为何泪眼腥红
Why are you of scarlet lachrymose eyes at present?
你如今为何咆哮悲伤
Why are you moaning sorrow nowadays?
怀着千古忧怨
Filled with ancient sadness
日夜倾诉凄凉
Day and night you utter your woe
黄河 黄河……
Yellow River, Yellow River...
你英勇的中华儿女
Your brave descendants
努力为你疗治创伤
Healing your wound with efforts
相信不久今天
We believe, in the near future
看到你欢笑
We will see you smile again
听到你歌唱
We will hear you sing again