Translation of the song 起造一座墙 artist Xu Zhimo

Chinese

起造一座墙

English translation

Build a Wall

你我千万不可亵渎那一个字,

You and I must on no account pollute that word

别忘了在上帝跟前起的誓。

and never forget the vow we made before God.

我不仅要你最柔软的柔情,

What I want is more than your very tenderness,

蕉衣似的永远裹着我的心;

Like plantain clothes, which forever covers my heart;

我要你的爱有纯钢似的强,

I need your love to be so tough as steel,

在这流动的生里起造一座墙;

In our fluid life, to build a wall so hard;

任凭秋风吹尽满园的黄叶,

Even if autumn winds the fallen leaves plunder,

任凭白蚁蛀烂千年的画壁;

Even if termites consume the millennial mural asunder;

就使有一天霹雳翻了宇宙,——

One day could the universe be ruined by thunder,

也震不翻你我“爱墙”内的自由!

But our liberty behind Wall of Love never to sunder!

0 116 0 Administrator

No comments!

Add comment